High School Football Flo25
Warren Central Rolls To Another Indiana State Title
We're well into the high school stretch run across the country, as the majority of our Flo25 public schools are headed into state semifinals or championship week.
We saw some turnover for a change last week, as a handful of teams lost prematurely, while some on the fringe of the Flo25 took advantage and moved into the rankings with big wins.
The week, in a nutshell, looked something like this:
- Allen (TX) won in a shootout, thanks in part to some heroics from wide receiver Theo Wease.
- Chandler (AZ) survived an overtime Thriller vs. Highland to advance to its state championship, where it will meet Perry. Sixth-seeded Perry's Cinderella run has been an impressive one—and meeting a Spencer Rattler-less Pinnacle in the semis didn't hurt.
- Colquitt County (GA) looked unstoppable in a 45-0 demolition of a North Gwinnett team that won it all last year and began this season with both a lofty ranking and expectations to match.
- North Shore (TX) and Katy (TX) both continued to roll, but the unstoppable force meets the unmovable object this week when the teams collide in UIL Playoff action.
- Colerain (OH) will meet a surging St. Edward in its Ohio state title game this week.
- Broken Arrow (OK) got all it wanted from Owasso in a 10-7 semifinal win last week. The Tigers will meet perennial powerhouse Jenks for Oklahoma's 6A-I title at the University of Tulsa's Skelly Stadium this week, and something tells us that'll soften the blow of falling a few spots in our ranking—behind teams like...
- Warren Central (IN), who dominated Carmel to clinch yet another Indiana state title.
- Cypress Ranch (TX), Calabasas (CA) and Grayson (GA) all fall out of the rankings after disappointing losses. We've said this before, but for that Grayson team to lose three times this season is borderline inexplicable.
- Thompson (AL) avenged its only loss of the season, knocking off Hoover in a thriller to advance to Alabama's state title game.
Unlock this ranking, live events, and more with a subscription!
Already a subscriber? Log In