Former James Madison safety Dean Marlowe set a season-high for tackles and made a fumble recovery that clinched the win for the Buffalo Bills last Sunday, highlighting the group of CAA Football players competing during Week 8 of the NFL season.
Marlowe was Buffalo’s second-leading tackler with six stops in an important 24-21 victory over the New England Patriots that kept the Bills atop the AFC East with a 6-2 record. The former JMU standout’s biggest play, however, was recovering a Cam Newton fumble on the Buffalo 13-yard line with just 31 seconds remaining.
Former Delaware safety Nasir Adderley turned in a strong performance for the Los Angeles Chargers, recording seven tackles in a one-point setback to the Denver Broncos. Former JMU quarterback Ben DiNucci made his first career start for the Dallas Cowboys, completing 21-of-40 passes for 180 yards and also rushing for 22 yards on five carries. He’s the first Dukes’ quarterback to ever start an NFL game.
Seven former CAA Football players earned starts during Week 8. In addition to Adderley, DiNucci and Marlowe, tight end Nick Boyle (Delaware) of the Baltimore Ravens, defensive end Tanoh Kpassagnon (Villanova) of the Kansas City Chiefs, nose tackle Bilal Nichols (Delaware) of the Chicago Bears and fullback Patrick Ricard (Maine) of the Baltimore Ravnes were in the opening lineup.
Below is a list of how the 24 former CAA Football players fared in Week 8 action.
CAA Players On Active NFL Rosters
- Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware – Los Angeles Chargers – started at safety – 7 tackles
- Nick Boyle, TE, Delaware – Baltimore Ravens – started at tight end – no stats
- Daniel Brown, TE, James Madison – New York Jets – played, no stats
- Austin Calitro, LB, Villanova – Denver Broncos – injured reserve
- Ron’Dell Carter, DE, James Madison – Indianapolis Colts – inactive
- Isaiah Coulter, WR, Rhode Island – Houston Texans – injured reserve
- Jordan Dangerfield, S, Towson – Pittsburgh Steelers – inactive
- Ben DiNucci, QB, James Madison – Dallas Cowboys – started at quarterback – 21-of-40 passing, 180 yards; 5 rushes, 22 yards
- Joe Flacco, QB, Delaware – New York Jets – active, didn’t play
- Raven Greene, S, James Madison – Green Bay Packers – inactive
- Ethan Greenidge, OL, Villanova – New Orleans Saints – played, no stats
- DeAndre Houston-Carson, S, William & Mary – Chicago Bears – played, 1 tackle
- Zach Kerr, DT, Delaware – Carolina Panthers – inactive
- Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova – Kansas City Chiefs – started at defensive end – 3 tackles
- Dean Marlowe, S, James Madison – Buffalo Bills – started at safety – 6 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 fumble recovery
- Jimmy Moreland, DB, James Madison – Washington Football Team – bye week
- Bilal Nichols, NT, Delaware – Chicago Bears – started at nose tackle – 4 tackles
- Luke Rhodes, LS, William & Mary – Indianapolis Colts – played, no stats
- Troy Reeder, LB, Delaware – Los Angeles Rams – played, no stats
- Patrick Ricard, FB/DL, Maine – Baltimore Ravens – started at fullback – played, 1 tackle
- Tye Smith, CB, Towson – Tennessee Titans – inactive
- Aaron Stinnie, OG, James Madison – Tampa Bay Buccaneers – inactive
- Oli Udoh, OT, Elon – Minnesota Vikings – inactive
- Josh Wells, OT, James Madison – Tampa Bay Buccaneers – played, no stats